Category: pincushion

This is just a quick cell phone photo that @st…

This is just a quick cell phone photo that @stella-sews snapped of me when I took Pincushion out for a quick bit on Thursday of Katsucon, but it’s my favorite full body photo of the final outfit that I have so far! The wig I envisioned is still not complete but I definitely will be catching up with that soon.

This looks better in daylight, but I’ve …

This looks better in daylight, but I’ve finally finished all the major elements of the pincushion skirt! The frames and the flowers are all permanently attached.

More skirt placement progress! Btw, because I…

More skirt placement progress! Btw, because I’m dumb and don’t know how to handle posting to more than one social media platform at once, I’ve been putting a lot more of my #cosplayblogging content in my Instagram stories now. If you would like to get the full dosage of my Katsucrunch shitposting I’m Ivorivet on Insta!

Some skirt progress!

Some skirt progress!

Working on Pincushion, and I finally get to st…

Working on Pincushion, and I finally get to start putting together her skirt panels!

I finished up my pin bandoliers yesterday! I a…

I finished up my pin bandoliers yesterday! I also tried using Plastidip as a primer for my scissors because I wanted the paint job to be resistant to cracking, and… Whoa man, would not recommend for use on Thibra. It bubbled so bad, but fortunately with a little elbow grease it peeled off.

Pins are done! These will go on the top of Pin…

Pins are done! These will go on the top of Pincushion’s stockings.

Makin safety pins! Get it, because they’…

Makin safety pins! Get it, because they’re pins and they won’t stab me…

yaexrae: More progress for tonight! I got a n…

yaexrae:

More progress for tonight! I got a new sewing machine and am free of the safety device error for now. While I let it work on embroidery, I made some progress covering my scissors in Thibra.

Also Wedge likes to chase shadows.

Finalizing my foam base for my giant pair of…

Finalizing my foam base for my giant pair of stork scissors! I used 8mm EVA foam, rounded the edges and made the etched details with a dremel tool, and created the blade bevels with a wire foam cutter and a power sander. I’m really pleased with how smoothly the long bevels came out! Next up is covering it in Thibra.